S7 word copy pointer problem

spaderkung

Hi!

I use the following code (from FC) to copy words between DBs given an word offset address and nbr of words to copy. But I found out it fails for byte adresses 4096 and above and I don't see why.

L #i_SourceDB
T #iDB
OPN DB [#iDB]
L #i_DestDB
T #iDB
OPN DI [#iDB]
LAR1 P#DBX 0.0
L #i_SourceElementsOffset
SLD 4
+AR1
LAR2 P#DIX 0.0
L #i_DestElementsOffset
SLD 4
+AR2

L #i_NbrOfElements
LA: T #iLoopCount
L W [AR1,P#0.0]
T W [AR2,P#0.0]
+AR1 P#2.0
+AR2 P#2.0
L #iLoopCount
LOOP LA
SET
SAVE

+AR1: The integer (16 bit) to be added to the contents of AR1 is specified by the value in ACCU 1-L. Values from -32768 to +32767 are permissible.

Code:
LAR1  P#DBX 0.0
      L     #i_SourceElementsOffset
      SLD   4
      +AR1  
      LAR2  P#DIX 0.0
      L     #i_DestElementsOffset
      SLD   4
      +AR2

Could it be that you try to add a number larger than an integer with ar1

try this

Code: