S71200 <-> SCADA via PROFIBUS

boros000

Hello all,
I have to prepare one memory MAP for a future SCADA system.
My machine will be placed somewhere on the Earth, probably without internet connection.
The customer asked me, to prepare a memory map and a list with all the parameters for a future scada project.
The machine has 3 CPUs wired with Profibus. In the future the hole plant will be wired via Profibus.

On one of the CPUs I will prepare a DB with all the inputs and outputs.
I will use 10,11,12 profibus addresses.
At commissioning I will give them this DB's MAP and the address list what I have used (10,11,12).

What do you think? Are these informations enough to connect my machine to a future SCADA?
Do I have to set up something special in the communication?

Thank you.

Don't you have to change the hardwareconfig to enable other profibus partners (e.g. the scada) to be able to communicate with this plc?
doesn't this 1200 have ethernet? probably easier with scada.
maybe a dp/dp coupler is an option? you install the coupler on your side, program the whole map in there, and then it's up to the customer to program his profibus side independently

Thank you.
It is easier, but I have to do it with PROFIBUS.
Do I have to program my node as SLAVE?
Or it is not important, because SCADA is also SLAVE?

To design a new plant today around Profibus is idiotic.
Especially as you already have ethernet integrated into the S7-1200.

Also:
I have to prepare one memory MAP for a future SCADA system.
Why ? What could possibly be the reason that you would have to define this already now ?
One of the most important benefits of PLCs and SCADAs is that you can flexibly adapt and expand to the requirements.

This smells of someone having no clue at all.

OK.
Agree with you.
But now I need help on this topic.
So I have a PLC With a memory MAP.
What else I have to set in to be easily integrated in a SCADA with ProfiBus?

Hello,
it is not me. The network is already done. I have to prepare my machine to be connected to a SCADA.
I will make the memory MAP and I will give them 3 free addresses.
What else do I have to do?
Thank you.

Who cares that they have already made a Profibus network.
The SCADA surely has ethernet or can easily have an ethernet card added.
The S7-1200 already have ethernet onboard.
Is it because money has already been spent, and it would be a shame to not use the hardware since they have already installed it ?

Besides, one just dont go and purchase Profibus components blindly.
You must know exactly how to implement the communication between the various components before purchasing anything.
I think you should ask your questions to that person who made the decision.

And I am curious WHY it was decided to go Profibus.

edit: Also, your questions seems to indicate that the communication between the SCADA and the PLCS shall be master-slave, rather than master-master.
That is also a strange decision. It makes the communication between the SCADA and the PLCS inflexible and difficult to maintain.
So I am curious about this too.

Last edited: