Safeline Mettler Toledo Metal Detector Help

wayne 34

Currently my company has a MT metal detector model V4 that has been down for the better part of a month. The metal detector is giving a F06-5 IO comms alarm.

Ill start by saying i am coming in on the back end of this problem, But this is the information i know:
1. IO board has been replaced
2. Communication board has been replaced
3. All cables have been replaced
4. HMI and module behind HMI has been replaced

I have contacted Mettler and they do not seem to be much help except wanting me to replace another of the same parts that we have already replaced due to their advice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thats the Reject relay monitor error code.. so somethign is wrong with that relay's function or its monitored wiring. Probably just a open or closed feedback state check doesn't match up.

Thats the Reject relay monitor error code.. so somethign is wrong with that relay's function or its monitored wiring. Probably just a open or closed feedback state check doesn't match up.
I thought this too but the relay works fine and has been replaced as well as the board the relay is mounted two. The reject sensor is cleared As well.

I thought this too but the relay works fine and has been replaced as well as the board the relay is mounted two. The reject sensor is cleared As well.

I'm wondering if whatever wiring path that handles the monitoring function is damaged in some way. That error code and description seem to indicate its not detecting relay actuation. Also, can you extend the timer for the reject relay monitoring fault? I don't remember if thats an option you can access. Been years since I was at a facility with one of these.

I'm wondering if whatever wiring path that handles the monitoring function is damaged in some way. That error code and description seem to indicate its not detecting relay actuation. Also, can you extend the timer for the reject relay monitoring fault? I don't remember if thats an option you can access. Been years since I was at a facility with one of these.
The only wiring would be the head coble that goes from the IO comm board to the HMI board but all three of those parts hav been replaced.

No we can access the timers or any setting sfor that matter via the HMI. we can only monitor.

its possible, but exceptionally unlikely to not only get a defective board but one with the same defect.. the proverbial one in a million.

Those things are pretty minimal in components.

its possible, but exceptionally unlikely to not only get a defective board but one with the same defect.. the proverbial one in a million.

Those things are pretty minimal in components.
This is what I was afraid of. My thoughts exactly, there is not much to these thanks!

Some years since I had to fault find on these & there are many variations, however, there are a couple of things that come to mind
Fault 06 seems to ring a couple of bells in my head, 1. reject confirmation this could be the reject confirmation photocell or time, the Reject Confirmation Unit (RCU) if fitted, if you have replaced the boards then have you gone through the setup procedure.

Some years since I had to fault find on these & there are many variations, however, there are a couple of things that come to mind
Fault 06 seems to ring a couple of bells in my head, 1. reject confirmation this could be the reject confirmation photocell or time, the Reject Confirmation Unit (RCU) if fitted, if you have replaced the boards then have you gone through the setup procedure.

There is a separate IO alarm for the RCU. Most of the ones I dealt with did not have that as they were unpackaged product.