save the status

Dear all,
I want to know if PLC siemens can save the status of the IO in its memory so if I need this status I will download it to the PC on excel sheet

Hi there,
You can do this by creating the DB and then storing the status in this DB, at given instant of time. Dont know how to export it into Excel

well

well

Manmeet gave u a solution. Just write into DB's, DB's are retentive. Write it every cycle in case of 'production active' for example.

Even when the machine is getting a power failure/lost, after restarting the CPU, the 'production active' is low, so the last status from when the production was busy can be readout, to see what caused the failure for example.

I don't really know what you need, but I guess it's something like that ? Or do you really need it in an excell ?

Dear Daniel
thank you for your help but if the communication between plc and opc has failuer how can I save the status of IOs in the PLC