saving tag database

chue.lee

Is there a way to save the tag database in rslogix 500? I can see all the tags in the "excel address/symbol editor". I need to import it to factorytalk view studio because when I tried to import the tags in factorytalk, it doesn't grab all the tags. I'm missing bunch of timer tags and interger tags and others. It only gives me partial of it. I had to use to different saves of the same program to grab more tags. Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

And another problem I just came across on, on the other computer here with me, in the "tag import and export wizard" in factorytalk view studio, it gives the options of factorytalk files only and this computer gives off rsview files only. Why the difference?

Last edited:
We had a problem that may or not be applicable.It seems that only a limited number of tags may be imported at once. The missing tags may be in the upper range alphabetically. I hope this helps.