ScadaPack 32-Bit Modbus KepServer

elmatador

Hello Everyone,

I am having some major issues here. In SCADAPACK, all analogs are declared as 32-bit values. For example:

PRESSURE_SCALED (32-bit) has a MODBUS address of 44000

What SCADAPack does is it stores the values as follows:

44000 (Bits 16-31) upper 16-bits
44001 (Bits (0-15) lower 16-bits

So in kepserver whenever I read a Long, the value is garbage because it is expecting the following instead:
44000 lower 16-bits
44001 upper 16-bits

How do I get around to fixing this?

Please HELP!!

Thats the problem. I need to figure out a way to swap the order in KepServer. Keep in mind that this is the KepServer Enterprise Edition being used to communicate to FactoryTalk View.

This is driving me insane! I hope I dont have to move all this in my controller logic, it will be painful.

I will let you know if i find a way to do this.

Hi Mickey,

While I messing around with some settings I found these. Now its working. I want to attach my screenshot but having troubles. Will need to read the stickies. I will post the screenshot for the proper settings so that fellow programmers dont waste too much time on this.

You just need to make sure you uncheck the following:

FIRST WORD LOW IN MODBUS 32-BIT

When unchecked, it will treat the second word as low. (y)

Meaning:

PRESSURE 32-BIT: SCADAPACK MODBUS ADDRESS: 44001

HIGH WORD: 44001
LOW WORD: 44002

WORKS GOOD!!