ScadaPACK32 - Obtaining a MAC address

Cyanogen281

I have a question regarding the ScadaPACK32 being identified by a MAC address.

I present to you a fictitious scenario that I have been eager to know the answer to.

A technician is out in a remote area with only a laptop with all of the necessary software to connect with the PLC (Telepace/Telepace Studio), and an Ethernet cable. He does not have a serial cable or know the IP address of the PLC.

Is there a way to read the MAC address from said ScadaPACK32 and possibly read or write an IP address to it? Perhaps by scripting or some third-party application.

Allen-bradley, Siemens, and a few other brands include this feature in their product I was just unsure if Telepace or Telepace Studio could perform such a feat.

Thanks for the help,

Why not connect thru its serial port? Once you read from the controller you can then take a look at the Ethernet's address.

I meant if I didn't have a serial cable... If I ONLY had an ethernet cable and didn't know the ip address of the PLC...

Regardless of whether or not the program is retained or deleted, is there a way to obtain an ip or MAC address from the PLC?