ScadaPack32 tags

swenger

I am working with a ScadaPack32 PLC, with Telepace LL, with a Panel view Plus. Is there any way to get the tags of the PLC to the RS View Studio database? How do I manipulate the tags with RS Studio?

Through their OPC Server. I have no idea how FactoryTalk adds "legacy" tags into their tag database, but am sure that it must be a pretty common operation.

swenger said:
I am working with a ScadaPack32 PLC, with Telepace LL, with a Panel view Plus. Is there any way to get the tags of the PLC to the RS View Studio database? How do I manipulate the tags with RS Studio?

swenger said:

Theres a tag export function in Telepace (Edit>Export tag Names)that dumps them into an excel spreadhseet as a .csv file.

What IO driver are you using?

I did the export, but I can not dump it into RS Studio. I formatted the tags to reflect what an RS Studio export is, but no luck on importing it back into RS studio.