Scalance X204-2

Oubax

Good day everyone,

In my ring network, i want change Scalance X204-2 by new one"Maintenance Issue", but when i tried to connect Primary setup tools to X204-2, the software detect the Switch and the interface doesn't show up.

The software work correctly.

I'm wondering if you guys might have a solution ?!!!

Thank you.

the best way to do device replacement on an X200 is to use a CPLUG, stored on the back of the device. The settings from the switch are stored in the CPLUG, and then you simply remove it and place the plug in the new unt before you turn it on. All the settings should carry over.

If you didn't already have one of those in place, then it doesn't help you though.

When you say the interface doesn't show up, do you mean the web page? What IP address & subnet mask does the switch have? What about your PC? Can you ping the switch?

We don't have CPLUG in our network architecture, We did before some replacement just using the Primary setup tools, the problem in this case is we can't access to the "Ind Ethernet Interface" like you see in the image.

joes.jpg

It has been a long time since I have used PST, but from memory I think that when the IP Address and/or Device name was set, I remember that it was then possible to see more details per device.
Have you tried to set the IP with just the top-level of the device selected (where the MAC address is shown) ?
What if you try to set the device name with just the top-level of the device selected ?