Schneider HMI

benlawder

I have a Schneider Magelis HMI and I am wondering if it is possible to program it with Omron what CX Designer or if I need to use Vijeo or what are my options
Thanks

You can only use Vijeo. If you have bought the panel and are an integrator, contact your Schneider rep to see if they will give you a copy of Vijeo. They do here if you're nice and buy lots of panels :)

My Company is new to PLC's and I am learning as we go, we chose Omron as our system, but the boss went out to an auction and got a bunch of Schneider HMIs cheap. How much is the software, and where can I get it?

At a local schneider distributor.
You can download the latest vijeo designer software of their website and use as a demo for 21 or 30 days (cant remember exactly)

I've been programming a lot of Magelis HMI's for a customer project and the free limited edition of Vijeo Designer I found on the internet has not expired. I installed it almost a year ago and I can still use it to this day.

The only limitations of the free edition I've found so far is that it locks you out of some of the more advanced Magelis features, none of which I require.

I followed these instructions to download Vijeo Designer (you will need an FTP client):

http://www.schneider-electric.com/d...r-V61-SP21/?reference=Vijeo-designer-V61-SP21

I have a Schneider Magelis HMI and I am wondering if it is possible to program it with Omron what CX Designer or if I need to use Vijeo or what are my options
Thanks

In the UK Vijeo designer only runs to a few hundred £, worth it for programming a £3K screen IMHO.

But if you have a moan at your Schneider tech. rep you may be able to convince him to hand over a copy of it FOC.......:whistle:

Specifics - What Model HMI Panels?

The "Trial Edition" of Vijeo Designer does not expire, as in "30 Days", or the like. You can use it indefinitely. It's limitation is not in the features available to use but in the level of HMI targets you can download applications to.

The Trial Edition will allow you to develop applications for all available Magelis HMI panels within the relatively new range, but only allow you to download to the HMI Small Panels (STO/STU). For higher model panels you can develop a full application but you cannot download it. The download option is Grayed out. You must purchase a license to unlock this feature.

The available licenses are as follows...

Free...

Trial License, free FTP download - VJDSCLEUPV60M (1 PC - Download STO / STU Only)

Purchasable...

Single License, no USB cable - VJDSNDTGSV62M (1 PC, Download All - STO/STU, HMIGTO, XBTGT, XBTGK, XBTGH, XBTGTW, HMI GTW, PC Panels and PC BOX)

Single License with USB cable - VJDSUDTGAV62M (1 PC, Download All)

Group License, no USB cable - VJDGNDTGSV62M (3 PCs, Download All)

Team License, no USB cable - VJDTNDTGSV62M (10 PCs, Download All)

Facility License, no USB cable - VJDFNDTGSV62M (Unlimited PCs, Download All)

Internal / Partner Pack License - VJDCLINTSV62M (DVD-ROM for Schneider Electric Partners, Sales Forces and Support Teams - not for End Users)
- Standard License
- No time limit

Update License, no USB cable - VJDUPDTGAV62M
Update from a previous license version of Vijeo Designer to a Vijeo Designer V6.2 license:
- Single
- Group
- Team
- Facility
- Internal / Partner Pack

IDS Update License - VJDUPTRCKV62M (Intelligent Data Services - Traceability add-on)

IDS Report Printing Update License - VJDUPTRPRV62M (Intelligent Data Services - Printing add-on)

I'm not sure if they do a "30 Day Trial" of any of those purchasable licenses, but it is quite possible?

There is also a Vijeo Designer "Lite Edition", also available as a 30 Day "Demo" version. This was released some years ago specifically for the older Magelis family of panels (XBT N, R, RT). These older Magelis panels are not supported under the above Vijeo Designer software and licenses. So users of those older panels must use the older Lite Edition. It's possible that this is the "30 Day Trial" that some are thinking of? The Demo version is only available at v1.1, whereas the licensed version is available up to v1.3 (at the time of writing).

benlawder said:
...but the boss went out to an auction and got a bunch of Schneider HMIs cheap. How much is the software, and where can I get it?

What software you need, and whether it's going to cost you, or not, will depend entirely on the model of HMI panels ye have purchased...

If they are of the older Magelis XBT N, R, RT range, then you'll require Vijeo Designer Lite Edition. A 30 Day Trial may be an initial option here, but going forward you're going to have to purchase it if you want to keep working with them.

If they are of the newer Magelis range, but only STU panels, for instance, then you would only require Vijeo Designer Trial Edition going forward. (p.s. that FTP link for the Trial Edition is painfully slow, but it does get there).

If they are of the newer Magelis range, and are any of the higher model panels, such as HMIGTO, XBTGT, XBTGK, XBTGH, XBTGTW, HMI GTW, PC Panels and PC BOX, then the minimum you will require is a Single Licence Edition (1 PC).

I would agree that the cost of a Single License is relatively inexpensive, as HMI development software goes.

So, what HMI models do you actually have?

Regards,
George

Yes, they are of the newer Magelis panel range and require a licensed edition to allow you to download to them. You will need, at minimum, Vijeo Designer Single License - VJDSNDTGSV62M (1 PC).

Regards,
George

The "Trial Edition" of Vijeo Designer does not expire, as in "30 Days", or the like. You can use it indefinitely. It's limitation is not in the features available to use but in the level of HMI targets you can download applications to.

The Trial Edition will allow you to develop applications for all available Magelis HMI panels within the relatively new range, but only allow you to download to the HMI Small Panels (STO/STU). For higher model panels you can develop a full application but you cannot download it. The download option is Grayed out. You must purchase a license to unlock this feature.

Well I learned something new and useful today. I've been programming nothing but STO/STU panels so it would explain why I haven't run into any licensing issues. Thanks, will note this for future.