Schneider PREMIUM PLC-Not connecting in Programming Mode

shubham_khare

We are having Unity Pro XL v5.0 through which Premium PLC is communicated, when I was trying to connect It is not going directly to programming mode and says the programming mode is not available and can be connected to monitoring mode. If it is connected to monitoring mode, it show the status and after 5 – 10 minutes one message says PLC reservation is just released and can be connected to programming mode. But if trying to connect to programming mode, again the same message comes and only monitoring mode is available.
Tried power recycling, downloaded with backup program, but still the same result. physical communication is normal and in monitoring mode it works and program runs fine, but not in Program mode so unable to edit. I am using CPU ethernet port for communication.

Last edited:
In Unity under tools/options click the connections tree and select default connection mode as as *Use Programming Mode*

EDIT: Also some quantum CPU's have a keyswitch on them to lockout programming mode, im not certain about premium.

Last edited:
is the error message just "programming mode is not available" or is it more like "programming mode is not available reservation is held by <computer name>"?

sounds very much like there is already another computer connected to the plc.

you can only have one connection at a time in programming mode.

if there are no other computers is it possible you opened the same program in unity twice and you are already connected?