school project help

mbstl1

I would appreciate it if somebody could help me out with some ideas for my school project. Our project is to build something that will use the allen bradley plc to contol it. The ladder logic must be no less than 25 rungs. I'm very new to plcs but they seem fun to me. Im just running short on ideas.

Tom Jenkins said:
A beer cooler / fridge that keeps track of consumption.

Thats a great start. Add bottle extraction from the fridge, automatic bottle opener, and automatic pouring to fill the glasses to a preset level - use a photo-sensor to detect the fluid level in the glass - if its full stop pouring, then start filling the next glass. When the bottle is empty, get a new bottle, and finish filling the glass.

Hi guys,

why don't you incorporate a home brewery with automatic refill for all ingredients. No need to shop for beer anymore, plenty of supply 🍻 .

Kind regards,

Our maintenance cage has an area just for all the guys toolboxes and a few chairs that we keep locked at all times. It was always a pain to come from the other side of plant for a tool and realize that you left your keys in the machine you were working on. The guys wanted to put a little combination lockset on it but I decided to give them a little plc work to do. We ended up with a numerical keypad to release a couple locking cylinders. I then decided to push them a little further and see what else they could do with this setup. We now have a passcode for each maintenance tech which they can reset at any time via a keyswitch. It kept them busy for a while and really got them to dig a little deeper into programming than what they were used to. A very good project if you ask me.

Bob

gbradley said:
Bob, That is cool.
Do you keep track of who entered and at what time?

Not at all. Just a small group of us. We just keep it locked in order to keep the operators and/or engineering staff out of our tools.

Bob

If there isn't enough budget for the robot ride, then there is always a roulette game. Be sure to use Allen Bradley pilot devices. I think they are great, even though a little pricey.

regards.....casey

Hey Rube, I haven't seen much racing this year, but I find the standings very interesting, specially in the guys eligible for the chase with how many wins some of them have. Then there's "poor" Jeff back in 15th. What happened? Washed up by 30?

There's always next year.

Rusty is having his best year in a long time, maybe he shold have quit sooner???

Really don't know who to root for anymore. Between people quitting, and sponsors that I don't like...

AndI don't like to support rookies.

Well, maybe the Canadians will get CBS to start broadcasting Curling year round. Yes, I would watch it. My family was very active in curling when I was younger.

The chase is in a weird shape now--that's for sure. Gordon and others who should normally be in the chase aren't and some who shouldn't be in, are. The next six races will iron everything out but it's too early to tell if things iron out right for the sports' most popular, "should be in" drivers.