SCL help

Mrslipmat

Hi guys

Its been some time since I worked with SCL and have a few lines of code I need some help with, I have the SCL raw code and am currently trying to convert it in TIA V14, could anybody please point me in the right direction with the ladder solution ?

Code is as follows:

// Actual Position
MOVE_BLK(IN:=#DATA_IN[4],
COUNT:=4,
OUT=>#TMP_ARRAY[1]);

#X := DINT_TO_REAL(DWORD_TO_DINT(#TMP_VAL)) / 1000.0;

I have a function for the block move, however I'm not sure if they are converting DINT_TO_REAL and then dividing by 1000.0 as apposed to converting DWORD to REAL then REAL to DINT then dividing by 1000.0

A few other pieces of code are attached below I'm having problems with converting too.

// Differential pressure
MOVE_BLK(IN := #DATA_IN[16],
COUNT := 2,
OUT => #TMP_ARRAY_16[1]);
#TMP_VAL_REAL := INT_TO_REAL(WORD_TO_INT(#TMP_VAL_WORD));
#XDP := #TMP_VAL_REAL / 16.383;

// Speed setpoint 1 limit and conversion

#TMP_VAL_REAL := #VA1;
IF ((#TMP_VAL_REAL < 0.0) AND NOT (#PQ_ACTIVE)) THEN
#TMP_VAL_REAL := 0.0;
ELSIF (#TMP_VAL_REAL < -100.0) THEN
#TMP_VAL_REAL := -100.0;
END_IF;

IF (#TMP_VAL_REAL > 100.0) THEN
#TMP_VAL_REAL := 100.0;
END_IF;

#TMP_VAL_REAL := #TMP_VAL_REAL * 163.83;

#TMP_VAL := DINT_TO_DWORD(REAL_TO_DINT(#TMP_VAL_REAL));

MOVE_BLK(IN := #TMP_ARRAY[3], // Only written to the lower word
COUNT := 2,
OUT => #DATA_OUT[8]);

Any help would be greatly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Mrslipmat

In ladder, you have to create a temporary variable of the correct type to serve as a placeholder between instructions.

So you would need a DInt variable and call the Dword to Dint in a rung and assign it to the temp variable.
Then take the temp variable and use it as the input to the INT_TO_REAL function and write to X.
The next rung you would divide X by 1000.0 and assign it to X.

One thing to bear in mind though is if X is a variable to be read or transmitted to a SCADA system. If it is, you would want to buffer it, so that there is no chance of X being read before being divided by 1000.0.

The other bits of logic seem variations of the same problem.