Security Logs for PanelView Plus 600

mroyce09

Hello. I have a PanelView Plus 6 600 (2711P-T6C20A8) and I currently have security configured on it. Are there security logs files that are stored on the system? I'm looking for a log file that contains the date/time when users log into the system, kind of like an audit trail. Does something like this exist on this PanelView? I was able to find the alarm log files and view them in FactoryTalk View File Viewer but I can't seem to find anything associated with security.

Yes, you want the Diagnostics log.

It can record the below items to the local PanelView, and send to a remote PC as well. Each item is recorded with date and time:
- user login
- tag writes (changes by the operator)
- tag errors with tag name
- controller and network errors
- failed security access (such as trying to open a secured display)
- macros

Take a look at the user manual for the diagnostics log.
That will have what you need.

Thank you. Is the Diagnostic log different than the Diagnostic list? I'm able to get the information I need displaying on the Diagnostic list screen. The Diagnostic list does not display date/time of each event either. Where can I find the actual log for this information? I can't seem to find it on the Window CE, I see an alarm log but not a diagnostic log.

Ultimately, I'm looking to add user specific accounts to the HMI, but if I'm unable to record who logged and when, then the user specific accounts is pretty useless and I will just create generic accounts, i.e. operator, supervisor, engineer.