Sensibly priced touch screen (monitor not HMI)

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone suggest a sensibly priced panel mounted touch screen monitor. I am not talking about HMI. Just the touch screen monitor. I have looked into Proface FP3650-T41 (12"), But I would like to explore a couple more options maybe with better screen resolution.

I am bidding for a project where for some reason I cant explain the spec wants a rack mounted PC and a panel mounted touch monitor.

It's been a while since I bought only a touch monitor. The last one I used was made by Beckhoff. Good unit, but not the cheapest. Acrosser makes some good hardware at a low price, but I have not used their monitors.

As mentioned in a previous post I am not looking for a rack mountable touch panel but a panel mounted touch monitor.

The only significant difference is the price. Rack-mounted units could be mounted in a panel if you drilled some mounting holes. The question is what level of sealing must you have? If it must be dust-tight or water-tight (IP65 or IP66), then you are looking at a much larger cost.

"Panel-mounted touch-screen monitor":
http://www.hopeindustrial.com/?gclid=CJXLqsbu88MCFQYJaQodKJYABg

Last edited:
ELOtouch makes good stuff, used often in POS systems and Arcade games and jukeboxes, they are pretty tough and reliable with lots of different touch technologies available.
Now as for reasonably priced . . . Thats in the eye of the beholder.

They also make overlays that you can add to an existing monitor if thats your thing.

Just a word of caution about ELO and their Acoustic Pulse Recognition models. They claim to work with gloves. I installed a couple of them in a cleanroom. Got many complaints about them not working with rubber gloves. I called ELO tech support. The tech guy said they do not work with gloves. I mentioned the statements in their literature and on their website, and he said that he can't control what the marketing people do.

Ditto on Hope Industrial. Have been using them for 10 years. Probably 200 15" and 17" monitors installed on factory floors. One failed about 7 years ago. Third shift operator punched it dead center. Their prices are just great in my opinion.

Looks very nice. I am wondering if I can get them in Greece. I will sent them an email. I think their prices are more than sensible.