sequencer instruction

thank you so much it did work but what is the different between O.0.0 and o:0/0

O:0.0 is referencing all sixteen bits making up the "word" in the first group of outputs of the system.

O:0/0 a.k.a O:0.0/0 is referencing a single bit, the least significant bit of that first group of outputs (a single output point).

The colon ":" separates the data file indicator from the group number. The sometimes optional period "." separates the group number from the "word" number. The "/" is the delimiter which specifies the bit number within that word.

This is a critical area of study and has become slightly more complicated by some of the newer hardware models which may allow more than 16 points per "slot" in some cases.

I recommend studying the Allen-Bradley definitions of "group", "slot", and "word" and be aware that those terms may vary among their different lines of PLCs.

It is also important to note that you can view the logic with different addressing styles and see the results by using the main menu "View", "Properties...", "Address Display" tab.

For example, in a SLC, the single bit O:1/15 can also be written as O:1.0/15 or O:0/31... Now that I have added to the confusion, I need to add some links to help clear it up...