Servo motion for pulse/direction in Mitsubishi FX3 vs FX5

ariah

I’m fairly new to PLC programming. This is our first machine that uses an FX5 PLC rather than an FX3, and therefore GX Works3 instead of GX Works2. I LOVE the much better programming environment, but I’m having some difficulty setting up servo motion properly.

The servos are set up for pulse and direction signals. In GX Works2, I’d do something like this:

servo-direction-fx3.png

In GX Work3, there isn’t an output for direction in the function block, it’s something that presumably is supposed to be configured. But that isn’t working. Both positive and negative values cause the servo to move in the same direction. So I'm doing this. It's awful, I know.

servo-direction-example2.png

This is how I have the servos set up in High Speed IO.

highspeedio.png

Could anyone offer advice as to what I'm doing wrong?

Never done the FX5 but according to the manual you can use the DPLSV it is a compatible mode (FX3 for FX5) however, D1 is shown as an input in FX5 this is assuming you are using the CPU module motion.
It seems a bit confusing as rather than an output for both the speed is an input If you have the documentation E-manual loaded, highlight the DPLSV function (yes it is in the FX5) & there are two references to it one for FX3 compatible mode & one for FX5 see pic.

Compatible mode.png