Servo motion X,Y,Z gantry with a angled Z

Hmm, that SCLaoi, or even the fx and fy could possibly be done with a CPT statement.

Again, this assumes the Z[n,m] samples are on a rectilinear grid. If the grid is regular, and you normalize the X and Y values, so (Xn+1 - Xn) = 1 and (Ym+1 - Ym) = 1, then fx = MOD X 1.0 and fy = MOD Y 1.0, and the whole shebang fits in a single CPT statement using that first formula for ZXY a few posts ago.

Although ST would be better for this.

Last edited:
Once I get further along I plan to experiment with cams and with a lookup table to see which one works the best for us.

That is quite the machine. I'm fascinated by all the things that go on behind the scenes that most people don't have a clue about. I poked around on that website and the pavement tests certainly fit into that category. Thanks for sharing.

Many PLCs and motion controllers can use cam tables.

I used cubic splines or cam tables to map the elevation of the runway/ground for this project
https://www.airporttech.tc.faa.gov/Airport-Pavement/NAPTF/National-Airport-Pavement-Test-Facility
The table had readings every 6 inches for 330 ft.
The runway elevation had to be re-mapped from time as the run way wore out.

Another PLCs.net forum member worked on the drives.

If your PLC doesn't support cam tables and you want to use cubic interpolation, let me know. There are other ways besides using cam tables. I have formulas for doing cubic interpolation using 4 points or knots. The algorithm is most accurate when it interpolates between the middle two of the four knots.