Servos & Steppers.

I copy and pasted the wrong sentence:
Erzahl mir keine marchen
This is a known vulgarity.

Maybe this is all my fault, I do not know. I have read this thread and others several times and do not see what I could be doing or saying that is incorrect or un-informative.

The fact is that depending on country the use of a dot (.) or use of a comma (,) may be interchanged, its one of those minor issues that can be confusing.

This thread began by mentioning "torque" and I used the term "force" in a reply, if I am not mistaken torque is a measurement of rotational force so I do not understand why it was incorrect for me to use the term force.

I have never been a "people" person which is why I like working with machines. I joined this forum and created one in the hope of "learning" to be more of a "people" person. I have not had much success though.

I believe "Fred" to be a very knowledgeable person but he is quick to criticize (and be very sarcastic) but does not want to be criticized (which I can relate too). The problem Fred is that you spend more time being nasty then informative...IMHO.

Overall I do not have a "point", I just come here to offer "help" in areas I am familiar with or know where to get information on the subject of discussion.

Due to extenuating circumstances I will refrain from posting here for awhile.

Ron,
I for one would like you to keep posting. For your informative posts that you put in. There are alot of things I know I am well versed in but by the same token there are many more that I know just enough to get into trouble with. As for not a people person That is wrong in my thinking. For you always give the info that is helpful and it is from the book of experence. There is too many people in the world that just can not take the fact that there are people that do know alot of information.
Just my two bits worth.
Regards,
Tom

As I understand , it is a profanity , meaning "don't try and give me that " - we both know what I mean .

Nothing is your fault - a don't let a petty argument bother you , I am sure you are capable of giving as good as you get .
Like you , I can take people or leave them , I am "friends" with my machines , my "babies" , they behave or I take the hammer to them .

regarding "torque" , I agreed with what you said -
I also have come , not necessarily by design to enjoy my own company , and not tolerate fools gladly - again , do not misunderstand , you are NOT being called a fool . I work generally alone , from concept and design through build and commissioning - my industry is very select , ther are not many of us about ( you may clap your hands in glee at this point) .
I like to think I am good at what I do - some may differ , and I do get results , I have to , for instance today could have cost $300,000 US in damaged product , for which I am solely responsible .

You probably see certain parallels in some respect .
As for a dot or a comma ? I would have told me to **** off being smart , but it is not something to lose sleep over - definitely not something that you should not post about - I assume that is why you make your last comment - but don't do it on my account - you have a well deserved following and respect here , take no notice of what I have to say , as I said , I'll hang the programming lead up .
With regards.

Don't stop posting

Ron,
What ever you do DON'T STOP POSTING!!
You have helped me on several ocassions with some good info and
I would hate to lose your invaluable experience.
I am sure that most people in this forum will agree with me.

tutichip,

if you ask hundred engineers from Europe, result will be oposite. same confusion happens with engineering units. a lot of people doesn't bother to write them properly. it is not nm, it is Nm. units that are named after person (in this case Newton) are tipically capitalized and so gramm, meter, litar etc are not...
multipliers are usually capitalized if they increase the unit but again this is not always the case (k for kilo is lowercase).
I still hate to see datasheets or catalogs printing MV or MW instead of mV and mW for example.

...only till they honour waranty for the curious ones who don't mind to test it with MV... :)

Well I have received something from this strange exchange.
Thanks to Ron and Fred I now know about wikipedia.
Giving and taking critisizm is a learned talent.
As long as we are open to contunued learning and self-improvement let the dialogue continue.
If it degenerates to insults, let Phil handle it.
Brian.