Setting Default Printer in RSView32

Drewcas92

Hello all, trying to figure out how to set the default printer through RSView32. Application.Printer doesn't work like it would in Excel or Access.

What I'm trying to do is use Bullzip PDF Printer to print a historical trend display to a PDF, and then print it to an actual printer. We are also trying to do this with as little operator interface as possible. Both work great when the default printer is pre-set. But I can't seem to find the proper code to change my default printer within RSView32. Google doesn't seem to yield the answer I am looking for, and while people say you can do through this via the Bullzip reference library, it doesn't seem to be working and most examples for excel or access anyway. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

It think it prints to whatever the default Windows printer is. I don't think you can change that through RSView32. Unless some RSView32 VBA could change the Windows default printer.

Application.PrinterName doesn't work like it does in excel or access. Seems like there should be a way to reference that through RSView32.. But no luck so far.

Are you trying to do this through RSView32 VBA? Then you might have to add the a reference to Excel in the RSView32 VBA environment.

Yes it's through RSView32 VBA. Sorry, I thought I had said that in my initial post but I now realize I left that part out

So, I have figured out how to do these things. I am posting source code for future reference.

See attached

**EDIT**
I needed to update my actual source code file, please be sure to choose the proper one label "UPDATED

Last edited: