Setting up S7 CP 343 - 1 to transer to S5

Ok, i'll look at the status on the COM 143 software. What should this tell me?
The manual says it shows:
1H : WARTEN AUF ANSTOSS (waiting for trigger)
3H : WARTEN AUF DATENEMPFANG (waiting for receiving data)
5H : WARTEN AUF DATENÜBERNAHME DURCH DAS AG (waiting for AG to take over the data)

I have programmed the AG_LRECV in the S7 and it has an error status of 80B0 - The module does not recocognise the data record.

Regarding this FAQ:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/16533272?lc=en-WW

it's possible that you are not using the correct blocks.

OK thank you. So that means there has been no data been sent over to the CP 143 yet? So maybe the S7 is the problem at the moment?

Which blocks are not correct. In the S7? Should I be using the AG_RECV instead of the AG_LRECV?

I am wondering if I should use the fetch/write instead of Send and Receive? And the half - duplex and full - duplex i mentioned.

This is what I get on the Receive status. My German is not great.

VERBINDUNG AUFGEBAUT = Connection established
WARTEN AUF DATENEMPFANG = Waiting for data to receive
KEIN FEHLER = No error

All looks like that the connection between S5 and S7 is ok, but the S7 is not sending any data.

OK thank you. So that means there has been no data been sent over to the CP 143 yet? So maybe the S7 is the problem at the moment?

Which blocks are not correct. In the S7? Should I be using the AG_RECV instead of the AG_LRECV?

Yes, on S7 side.
Double check the correct version of the FCs, or import them again from the correct library folder. When you are using the AG_RECV you can exchange maximum 240 Bytes.
I would use AG_RECV / AG_SEND block, and go down to 100 bytes for testing. Change the S5 side too. Then restart both CPUs to get a clean restart. Maybe the S5 can't handle greater sizes, I haven't found the limits in the manual.

Last edited:
Ok, i'll try this. I was actually trying to do this about an hour ago, with FC 5 and FC 6, but when I loaded them I got a system fault on the S7-300. I'll go back and try this again.

Oh and I checked that the version were for a CP 300

I see in your post #20 and #22 that you haven't set "ANZAHL DER AUFTRAEGE PRO TSAP" (number of jobs per TSAP) from 1 to 2.

With the value of one you can't use full duplex. I thinks thats the problem because only one connection is established.

I'm getting a fault on the S7-300 now I've changed to the different blocks FC5 and FC6

If you are following the Siemens FAQ, then the number of TSAPs should be set to 2, on SEND and RECEIVE.

Seems like you haven't uploaded the FC5 and FC6, these aren't builtin FCs.

OK I have the two jobs set on the COM 143 program, but I now have a stop light on my CP 143. I'm wondering if I need to do something in the S5 program now?