Sharing Input Data Between Different PLCs?

amir-a

G'day All.

I am having a problem with a conveyor system which is controlled by two different Mitsubishi PLCs and below is the CPU information

Q06UDEHCPU
Q10UDEHCPU

They can be monitored through a CC-link network. The problem is that I need a sensor data sent to the first PLC to be recognized by another one. But currently it is not possible. Does anyone have an idea on how I can do this?

Tnx :)

In the A-B world we call these Messages or produced/consumed data. You may want to check if your controllers has something like this. Depending on the distance it may be easier just to hardwire a signal between the 2 processors.

I am having a problem with a conveyor system which is controlled by two different Mitsubishi PLCs and below is the CPU information. . .The problem is that I need a sensor data sent to the first PLC to be recognized by another one.
This sounds like you may be using two PLCs to make decisions for the same conveyor. That will get you into trouble fast. It is like if your body had two brains giving different orders to the same muscles. I bet that one of the PLCs only needs to know the final result of some overall set of variables. You could do this with one new output, say on PLC#1, that is wired to a new input on PLC#2.