Shorted SCR C

fgoodsky

Ima getting a fault on my allen bradley flex, says Fault #6 Shorted SCR C. Ive googled and cant find where to look for the scr. anyone have a diagram of where to look for this scr? Any help greatly appreciated.

A-B has made VFDs for decades, and there are at least four hardware families with the name "PowerFlex".

Please post the model, and ideally the size (HP or kW or Amperes) or part number of the drive, and folks may be able to direct you to a troubleshooting and repair guide.

as stated we need more information the origenal manufactured date may help
early VFD's used SCR's on both the incoming power bridge and as well as the output power section. ether way it's time to consider an upgrade other components may be ready to fail as well. Some VFD's just aren't worth the time and expense of a repair