siemens analog module help! s7-200

Typically, the 200s use AIW0, AIW2, AIW4 etc for analogue INPUT words and for outputs it's AQW0, AQW2, AQW4 etc etc...

This is just a general rule. If you require a specific answer, you will need to ask a specific question (ideally with part numbers, model type etc).

Hope this helps...

Rob

2009-08-06_165800.jpg

Kidblue
Is that a siemens instruction in your example, or something you created.
Would be very very interested in how you did that block.
Have some siemens projects coming up that will involve reading tank levels, converting to gallons, pounds etc.
With allen bradley i usually use the scp (scale with parameter instruction) but not quite figured out the best way to do it with siemens. a few months ago, one of the projects became top priority for a few days, and then died due to funding, so started doing some research on siemens and the instruction.
I looked through the siemens instructions but could not find one that matched you example. Could you post the code?
Thanks

This code is for written with MicroWIN which is not the same as Step 7 although they are both Siemens. MicroWIN only works on the 200 platform.
From your earlier post I gathered you were working on the 300 platform which needs to be done with Step 7.

Kidblue
Is that a siemens instruction in your example, or something you created.
Would be very very interested in how you did that block.
Have some siemens projects coming up that will involve reading tank levels, converting to gallons, pounds etc.
With allen bradley i usually use the scp (scale with parameter instruction) but not quite figured out the best way to do it with siemens. a few months ago, one of the projects became top priority for a few days, and then died due to funding, so started doing some research on siemens and the instruction.
I looked through the siemens instructions but could not find one that matched you example. Could you post the code?
Thanks

If its for the S7 300 then have a look at Jespers post here, its an SCP (Like AB) for the 300 series

thanks
I saw that and posted to it in a earlier post, but have to admit, very confused on how to use it in a program. In a earlier post someone posted to open simatic manager and you see sources and blocks, to select source, new source and paste it into it and compile it, but it had errors.
I have seen other post where others have posted custom code similiar to this, at the moment have researched the help files until i am about to go nuts, but can not figure out how to take a code such as what is posted as equivalent to a ab scp instruction and then be able to actually use it in a siemens program. I would assume that somehow you would take the code, copy it and somehow you would end up with a custom FB. I have worked with ab and omron for over 25 years, and still learning alot about them as I go along, but with this simens it feels like trying to learn how to speak a foreign language, but with post on this site, hopefully it will be something that i will look back on later and laugh at how confused i am at the moment, but i myself have never seen a software package for plc's that has such as a steep learning curve just to figure out how to accomplish simple task. I know I am not the smartest in the world by far, but at the moment been reading and trying to use it for that last couple of days and have been able to write some simple code, but it has really been a bear.
thanks

Well, i would myself say ab software has steep learning curve.. it depends so much what you have used. Codesys is nice one.

To the problem you have, Step7 used with s7-300 eg step7 manager has different practice on how to insert source code than step7 mmicrowin.

Hmm, why does not anyone do blog about programming siemens.

thanks
I saw that and posted to it in a earlier post, but have to admit, very confused on how to use it in a program. In a earlier post someone posted to open simatic manager and you see sources and blocks, to select source, new source and paste it into it and compile it, but it had errors.
I have seen other post where others have posted custom code similiar to this, at the moment have researched the help files until i am about to go nuts, but can not figure out how to take a code such as what is posted as equivalent to a ab scp instruction and then be able to actually use it in a siemens program. I would assume that somehow you would take the code, copy it and somehow you would end up with a custom FB. I have worked with ab and omron for over 25 years, and still learning alot about them as I go along, but with this simens it feels like trying to learn how to speak a foreign language, but with post on this site, hopefully it will be something that i will look back on later and laugh at how confused i am at the moment, but i myself have never seen a software package for plc's that has such as a steep learning curve just to figure out how to accomplish simple task. I know I am not the smartest in the world by far, but at the moment been reading and trying to use it for that last couple of days and have been able to write some simple code, but it has really been a bear.
thanks

I tried Jespers code and had errors, small mistake, jesper pointed me in the right direction and it works a treat, take a look as i posted a step by step guide

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=334539&postcount=17

Jumping from an AB world into Siemens is not that easy :) !

504bloke
thanks a lot, will tryi it when i get back to work.
Now, if someone would write a book with step by step examples like what you posted, I would be one of the first to buy it and invest in getting it published.
It could be called, Siemens for Dummys.
Thanks

504bloke
thanks a lot, will tryi it when i get back to work.
Now, if someone would write a book with step by step examples like what you posted, I would be one of the first to buy it and invest in getting it published.
It could be called, Siemens for Dummys.
Thanks

Your welcome

"Siemens S7 200 for dummies"

"Siemens S7 300 for dummies"

Now that would be good, perhaps we could all get together here and do a chapter each and sell it!!!