Siemens CP341 - Modbus RTU

Hi to everyone, can somebody help me on how to integrate a Modbus-rtu power meter to Siemens CP341. I need manuals about modbus and also if posible a sample program using Siemens CP341.

Thank you.

Chris Junio

Chris Junio

Try the Siemens support web-site at http://www4.ad.siemens.de/. In the 'Search' field to the top right type 'CP341 Modbus'. This seems to pull up just about every FAQ, manual and download on the subject.

Regards

Ken.

Hello Chris;
You will have to buy the Modbus driver for the CP340/341 from Siemens (it also uses a physical dongle, so you cannot copy it); in the manual Point-to-point communications, you will find sample programs for thee Modbus protocol on the CP340/341, as master and as slave. Make sure you have details on the type of cable your Modbus module requires, it is essential that the physical support for the communications (RS-232, RS-485..) be debugged before you can establish contact.

For information on Modbus and Modbus functions, you could try the following forum:
http://modbus.control.com/user .
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

YOu can get more info on the configuration when you search the site http://www4.ad.siemens.de for the following ID numbers. COnfiguration details along with part numbers - 18248289. Download the manual with part number 6ES7 341-1AH00-8BA0 for programming details. Its also got a sample program. PM me if you need more info.
Best Rgds

Dear All,

I am trying with no luck with CP341 being used as Modbus Master.

I am able to read by one Command.
In my program i need to read 15 different locations in slaves as the datas are at different address.

If i just make one read i am successful. but when i try 15 i am not successful.

Does any body have any successful modbus master program reading different address.

The example program in CP341 is just for reading one Function code.
For me it works exactly fine.
when i try to read more then i get erros like 1E0D and i could not find the meaning for 1E0D as the CP341 manual has errors upto 0E event class only.

I tried examples of Mr.Daniel Charter. based on that i used a counter to make 15 different calls to read 15 different addresses.

Want to look at someones successful program to correct mine.

If required i an upload my program.

thanks in advance