Siemens CP5613 A2 Card installation

glenncovington

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Dell Optiplex260 with Windows 2000 on it. The PC asks as an operator interace to a Siemens CP342-5 using a CP5613 card in the PC to communicate. It appears the CP5613 died, and Siemens does not make the CP5613 card anymore, they have the CP5613A2 card. This is to deal with new PCI bus specs. The new card requires new Simantic NET software.

I have been having a real hard time getting the Simantic Net to update, but finally have device manager in windows showing the new CP5613A2 card in place and happy.

At this point to get the Wonderware application working again I think I need to update the configuration file in Step7. The problem is in Step7 the CP5613A2 card does not show up in the catalog of available hardware. How do I get the catalog to be updated with the A2 card.

Look in the help file under "Installing Hardware updates". If the computer is connected to the internet from the HW config under options select "Find service & Support" This will connect to Seimens and update the HW config with new hardware list. You may have to do an update catalog after it completes the download.

OK I followed the procedure for the HW updates. It downloaded a bunch of files and then I installed them. Unfortunately the CP5613A2 card was not one of them. What do I do now? The Wonderware application will not talk to the CP342-5 processor because it say the configuration is bad. The configuration file in Step7 calls for a CP5613 card not the CP5613A2 card.

I am hoping that if I could update this configuration setting all would be well again.

Any suggestions?

Im using the samd card with no problems. Under options in HW config do an update catalog. This should update the hardware list. It should have been done automaticly but its something to try.

Charles,

I did try the udate catalog, but under the CP Cards all that shows up is the CP5613, not the CP5613A2. Is this catalog file for the A2 card something you could email me and I try to install it on my system? I am waiting on a call from Siemens, but don't know how to find it otherwise.

Thanks,

Glenn

Can you see if you have a file called s7hcat_x

If you can email this file, then I will try to replace the one my system is using. On my system it is located in the c:\Program Files\Siemens\Step7\S7DATA\S7HWPRF folder.

I see your picture, unfortunately I do not have the A2 card showing in my system.

Charles,

I retrieved your file and tried to use it, but no joy. It still will not show up in the list for some reason. I am still waiting to hear from Siemens tech support.

Another thing I do not understand, when I go to the PG/PC interface and try to add the CP5613A2 card it shows up in the list on the left, but the install button stays greyed out and will not let me put it in the active list on the right. The card shows that it is functioning in the windows hardware manager.

Any other thoughts. This machine is a Win2000 SP4 machine. Step7 version 5.2+SP1+HF3.

Thanks,
Glenn

You have another possibility.

Install the recent version of Simatic Net on another PC (the target PC maybe).
With Simatic Net, the "NCM manager" is installed if STEP7 is not present on the PC.
NCM is a cutdown version of STEP7 with only the networking relevant parts.

You should be able to create a "PC station" and setup everything just as if you had STEP7.
Only drawback is that you cannot make a "configured connection". This is only possible with the PC station project integrated in the same project as the PLC in STEP7.
However, an "unconfigured connection" should be no problem.

In this PC I have a dual head video card that apparently was affecting the install. I removed the card and tried the install again and it appears to have installed without hanging up. The point I am at now is at the end of the install it is asking to Install License. It has the PB S7-5613,PB SOFTNET-S7 selected and greyed out. The only buttons at the bottom of the window are Install and Exit. The install button is greyed out unless I select another item, but if I select another item it asks for an authorization disk in drive A.

The last time I came upon this screen (The first completed installation) I just pressed Exit and it went on. The problem was that after installing the CP5613A2 card in the system it still fails to show up in the PG/PC list of available cards. I am waiting on another call from Siemens to get some guidance but every call means a 2-3 hour wait before someone calls back.

I have the CP5613A2 card now properly installed and showing up in the PG/PC interface and in the station configurator. The configuration in the project still has the old CP5613 listed and according to Siemens you must have at least Step7 ver. 5.3 to see the CP5613A2 card in the hardware catalog. I have ver.5.2.

If someone was willing that has ver5.3 or higher, I could send the project to you and let you update the configuration and save. It is supposed to then create a .xdb file that I could import into the configuration manager. Anyone willing to try this for me.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

Glenn ,

My name is Gustavo and i have de same problem , i m living in argentina and its very difficult to get good information for wonder office and siemmens office.

An old Intouch application 7.1 was working with a CP5613 link with S7 CPU 315 2DP , de CP died .

Now I have the new CP5613 A2 with de simatic net 6.0 and the Intouch 10.0 with XP SP2.

I can t find the way to connect de DP with the I/OSrv S7 .

I try to do it with de PG/PC interface 6.0 , but IO cant set Protocol S7.

How do you do it?

Its possible for you to send me an e-mail with the steps.

Thank you very much