Question about SIEMENS "CP5613 A2 Card"

dwcy

Dear All,

I have ordered "SIMATIC NET Networking for Industry V6.2" software and "CP5613 A2" PCI Card. Can I connect CP5613 A2 to the MPI port of S7-300 CPU314 (6ES7 314-1AF10-0AB0) to get data for OPC Server in PC?

My Siemens price list has a note for the CP5613 "with Profibus DP master interface only". Maybe you are out of luck. Check with Siemens to get this confirmed.

I believe that a CP5611 is more than sufficient for OPC access to both MPI and DP connections. I use CP5611 for exactly that.

The correct software package for CP5611 and OPC connection to S7 via MPI/DP is 6GK1704-5CW60-3AA0 (for Win NT or Win 2000 Pro) or 6GK1704-5CW61-3AA0 (for Win XP Pro)

PCI card with microprocessor for system interfacing for PCs and SIMATIC programming devices/PC to PROFIBUS up to 12 Mbit/s
· Communication services:
- PROFIBUS DP master according to IEC 61158/ EN 50170
- PG/OP communication with STEP 5 and STEP 7.
- S7 communication
- S5-compatible communication (SEND/RECEIVE) on the basis of the FDL interface
- PROFIBUS FMS according to IEC 61158/EN 50170
· Extensive diagnostic facilities for installation, commissioning and operation of the module
· High performance through direct dual port RAM access
· Short response time with FastLogic for PROFIBUS DP
· Event and filter mechanism for relieving the host CPU.
· Multiple protocol operation and parallel operation of up to 4 CPs
· Implementation for motion control applications possible through support of the equidistant mode
· The corresponding OPC Server and configuration tools are included in the scope of supply of the respective communications software

no MPI connection sorry

PCI card with microprocessor for system interfacing for PCs and SIMATIC programming devices/PC to PROFIBUS up to 12 Mbit/s
· Communication services:
- PROFIBUS DP master according to IEC 61158/ EN 50170
- PG/OP communication with STEP 5 and STEP 7.
- S7 communication
- S5-compatible communication (SEND/RECEIVE) on the basis of the FDL interface
- PROFIBUS FMS according to IEC 61158/EN 50170
· Extensive diagnostic facilities for installation, commissioning and operation of the module
· High performance through direct dual port RAM access
· Short response time with FastLogic for PROFIBUS DP
· Event and filter mechanism for relieving the host CPU.
· Multiple protocol operation and parallel operation of up to 4 CPs
· Implementation for motion control applications possible through support of the equidistant mode
· The corresponding OPC Server and configuration tools are included in the scope of supply of the respective communications software

In Siemens Price list it is indicated that "CP 5613 Communication Processor,PCI card for connection of PC to Profibus".So,I think it may not possible the communication through MPI.