SIEMENS CP5613 question

GEOFRA

Some years ago I used CP5611 card to connect to an S7-200 PLC and program or monitor it. I have an old CP5613 and I wonder if I can do the same. Do I need a special software or can I find the drivers from SIEMENS? In MicroWin from "Set PG/Pc interface" I can see CP5611 but no CP5613.

I dont know MicroWin, but for STEP7 you dont need any further software. The driver for the CP5613 is allready there. Try to use the "Add driver" button in the Set PG/PC Interface utility.

But the S7-200 would have to have a Profibus module. And then I dont even know if programming is possible via Profibus on the S7-200.

I have looked in set PC/PG interface in STEP 7 but it only has options for CP5511 CP5512 and CP5611.
I already have PPI cable but as I have a CP5613 card too I would like to be able to use it.

Hi Geofra.

Just come back to my "normal" PC.
I have the CP5613 in the list of devices under Set PG/PC Interface.

I notice that it says:
"CP5613/CP5614: Communications Processor (MPI/PROFIBUS) for Programming Devices/PCs"
So my previous comment that CP5613 doesnt work with MPI was wrong !

I dont know why the CP5613 doesnt appear in your PC. What happens when you install the card ?
Does the "found new hardware" dialog appear ?
If so, does it succesfully find and install the driver for the card ?

edit:
Just to be sure that you have looked the right place.
There is a "select" button at "Interfaces" .. "Add/remove". You have tried this button ?

Last edited:
CP 5613 or CP 5613 A2

I have been using CP5613 card for about 4 years for Profibus
comms to Citect and Step7.
On the last job I arrived in Delhi to find Siemens had
supplied two cards a CP5613 and a new card CP5613(A2)
which is quite different to the CP5613 card.
Doing this stuff in India is hard enough at the best of times
but in order to use the new card I had to update my
Sematic Net PC software to the latest version.
Fortunately by good luck I had this with me.
Also fortunately I was already running Step7 ver 5.3
as this may also have been a problem.
The end result was less than ideal as my network now
has two S7-400 plcs and 2 PC's but running different
versions of Simatic Net for the different CP5613 cards.

I don't know if this sheds any light on the problem
Regards............John Gaunt

I know Advantech( company of taiwan) have some card support Profibus. Any one already tested this card. I intend to use those cards. But I don't know it is OK, isn't it!

As I have been informed by "Siemens Support" in order to install it in my PC I need the drivers found in Simatic Net CD which is shipped together with CP5613. As I don't have the CD I have to purchase it (120 Euro) separately.

Dude,
You'll require to install SIMATIC NET software released after 2008 before putting CP5613 inside PCI slot of your PC.
And yes it'll work with 200, 300 and 400 PLC's.
When you finished these two steps automatically drivers will be loaded
and your interface would work pretty good.

Thank you,
CuriousGJ