Siemens DriveMonitor

blima

Hi!,

Does anyone have tutorials/basics of using DC Drive with the Siemens DriveMonitor software?

I would appreciate if someone could point me also to micromaster/driveMonitor tutorials.

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

I created a set of directions with screenshots for how to use DriveMonitor. It pretty much walks you through going online and uploading/downloading.

Zipped up the file size is 384kb which exceeds the 300kb allowed here.

Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

I'll look into posting it on rapidshare and providing a link here. I think it would be helpful to anyone that needs to use DriveMonitor but doesn't know the steps.

Dear Experts,

I know its an old thread, but I am desperately needing your help regarding SIMOREG and DriveMonitor here.

Basically I have done everything I can based on my browsings on the internet.

I made the X300 to Serial cable, using the schematic provided by some guys that said we have to connect the 1-9-5 to the GND, etc.

I also checked the Drive parameter and DriveMonitor parameter.

But my drive is still not detected in drivemonitor.

My questions are:
1. Do I need to have the same firmware in DriveMonitor and the SIMOREG?
2. The drive is currently connected via SST-2 to a PLC. Can I still connect through SST-1?
3. How to set the PZD in DriveMonitor before we connect to the drive?

Thanks for your attentions. Please help us here. I don't know what to do anymore.

The SW version is 3.1. Does it mean I cant connect?

Basically the drive is in use and I need to access it while running. I dont want to tamper with the parameter already inside so I didnt create an empty parameter or factory setting project.

I want to do the "Set up an USS ONLINE connection..." command from FILE. Can't I do this? Even if I dont have any project opened, I should have been able to see the drive there, right?

As for the cable, I set one up using schematic in http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=36695

I have seen in some threads that I have to set the PZD first in "Drive ES Manager" or something. I can't access this file and I don't know how to change the PZD without an empty parameter set or something....

Last edited:
Yes. You can still connect
But I would just set your drive monitor project to 3.1

I think you might misunderstood something. Please take a look at below picture.

What I want to do is to Find Online Drives. How can I set the SW version beforehand?

Or I can't do this for SIMOREG?

Also, some guys said that I need to set PG/PC interface in control panel. But I can't find the "PC COM -PORT (USS)" right now. Or should I be able to see that if I connect the cable? (I am currently not in front of the drive now)

Thanks,
Fajar

Find ONLINE drives.jpg

Last edited: