Siemens Ethernet S7-315

jvjr

I have been "scouring" the Siemens website for a good simple example of ethernet communications between a 315-2 PN/DP PLC and a non-Siemens motion control product. All I want to do is send a couple command bits and position requests. Then receive the actual position and maybe some alarm/fault information. I
plan to use a Red Lion DSP protocol conversion unit for the communications end. Does anybody have any information on this matter? o_O

Whats the device you are trying to communicate to?
Is it a profinet slave device or are you trying T-send, T-recieve blocks?

Similar Topics

Hi, I need to make a change in the Hardware Configuration of a Siemens CPU315-2 2PN/DP. But I'm not able to download the modified configuration...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a communication with a Siemens to a marquee? I have tried several different iterations through the...
Replies
Views
I am reading data from a Siemens 315 2PN/DP using libnodave. I am using the built in ethernet port. When I read a small block of data (less than...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a 1214 on ip 192.168.0.100. This is connected to other modules through a switch on same network. I need to connect this to a company...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom