siemens hardware configuration

kamalice

hi friends,

i know programming in ladder logic, i feel very difficult in hardware configuration of the PLC system. so please anyone help me how to configure hardwares in PLC.please explain in details for all S7 200,300,400 & 1200.

hi friends,

i know programming in ladder logic, i feel very difficult in hardware configuration of the PLC system. so please anyone help me how to configure hardwares in PLC.please explain in details for all S7 200,300,400 & 1200.
Never did any hardware configuration for S7-200 and I haven't worked with S7-1200 yet. But for S7-300 and S7-400, it's very easy. The numbers are printed on the modules and if you try to insert a module on a wrong place in the hardware configurator you get an error message.