Siemens MicroMaster 440 Control Through S7315 PLC

Err.. do you mean DB63 or FB63 ?

If the drives are 100% identical and the application is 100% identical, then you could in theory use just a single parameter DB.
In my projects there are separate parameter DBs for each drive.

Why didnt you just copy everything to begin with ?
The DB44 is an instance DB to FB63. Without FB63 the declaration of the variables in DB44 is missing.

I misunderstood what you meant with "parameters". I thought you meant the drive parameters that are contained in DB54.

Sorry for the confusion. Apart from these 3, should I copy anything else over?

Also, because I have 4 drives, do I have to replicate FB63,DB44 & DB44 another 3 times?

Regards,
henno2000

Copy everything except the OBs.

Copy DB44 3 times (DB44+DB45+DB46 for example).

Copy the network in OB1 where the call of FB63 is to where you want to do the same in your own program.
Repeat the call to FB63 3 times, each time with a different instance DB (DB44, DB45 or DB46).

If you need 3 unique parameters sets then also copy DB54 3 times (DB54+DB55+DB56 for example).
Then point to a unique parameter DB for each motor, you should write 54, 55 or 56 to the variable Z_Motor_Data_DBnr.
For example:
L 54 // or 55 or 56
T "Drive1".Z_Motor_Data_DBnr

To ensure that the DB you are using comes up in the cross reference, I avoid using hard coded numbers for selecting a DB and use the following instead:

Code:
OPN DB 54
L DBNO

henno2000 said:
Thanks, what is FB50 for?
You seem to confuse FBs and DBs a lot. DB50 only contain a few global variables used by the HMI program.

henno2000 said:
Thanks, presumably this is just called in OB1? (Just the the once?)
If you use the same drive parameters you dont have to do it at all. Then DB54 is used for all drives.
If you need unique drive parameters, then you have to do it 3 times, once for each drive. Then DB54 is used for one drive, DB55 for the next and so forth.

You do need to make 3 calls of FB63 in any case.

edit: Do tell me that you are not programming everything in OB1.

Last edited:
When using the FB63 block, there are various IN & OUT parameters to assign variables to. Do these have to be used? The reason for asking is because I was wanting to send various speed references depending on a pressure value, for which I have setup blocks for already (within these blocks, I have sent the speed setpoint directly to the drive IE - DB44.DBW4). So, ideally, I only need to use the I_ADDRESS parameter.

Regards,
henno2000

I only use these below. The others I leave as they are.
.I_Address
.I_enable
.I_setpoint
.I_Reset_Fehler (.I_reset_error maybe)
.O_right
.O_Fehler (.O_error maybe)
(.O_left is needed if the drive can run both directions)

Yes, these were the ones that I was also wanting to use, but for the I_SETPOINT & I_ENABLE I have specified various triggers dependant on other factors (these setpoints are sent directly to the drive address IE - DB44.DBW4, depending on the pressure and if it is in AUTO or MANUAL Mode).

Therefore, would this INPUT for the FB63 block be able to be left blank, as they are having their parameters written to via a different function.

Regards,
henno2000

JesperMP said:
Copy everything except the OBs.

Copy DB44 3 times (DB44+DB45+DB46 for example).

Copy the network in OB1 where the call of FB63 is to where you want to do the same in your own program.
Repeat the call to FB63 3 times, each time with a different instance DB (DB44, DB45 or DB46).

If you need 3 unique parameters sets then also copy DB54 3 times (DB54+DB55+DB56 for example).
Then point to a unique parameter DB for each motor, you should write 54, 55 or 56 to the variable Z_Motor_Data_DBnr.
For example:
L 54 // or 55 or 56

Based on the example provided from Siemens for this, the DB50 addresses the db#'s for both db's. Based on the fact that db44.int14 addresses the db# for the motor parameters, do you have to have db50, and if so, how is it configured for multiple instances (db44,45,46)? I have several of the smaller drives I am commissioning that do not have any operator interface on the drive. I got the first one to work adapting the example, but need to get rid of or fix db50 before I can add the other.

As a second issue to this, the drives parameter information keeps resetting to the default values for the drive (230v/50Hz). How can I see the actual drive parameters currently installed, and can I get it retentive to the drive/Profibus module?

The VAT's that were provided with the siemens project seemed to make the commissioning of the drive much quicker, and operation parameters for normal drive controls are readily addressed.