Siemens Midimaster Vector Software

Suparoo

Hi All,

Is anyone able to shed any light on my PC to MDV connection issue please?

Ive inherited an MDV (6SE3221-7DG50 V2.05) and am trying to use Drive Monitor V5.5 SP2 to write the params to the drive.

Uploading the param set to DM is successful but I am unable to write to the drive and opening the saved uploaded file gives an error message to the effect of 'database version 000 does not exist'.

I am using a 'poor mans' 232/485 converter cable (if you can call it that) but Im reluctant to point the finger at this because of the error message above.
Cabling/converter recommendations are welcomed.

Any insight will be gratefully received.

TIA

Similar Topics

Hi All, Is anyone able to shed any light on my PC to MDV connection issue please? Ive inherited an MDV (6SE3221-7DG50 V2.05) and am trying to...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to program a digital output on Siemens MIDIMASTER Vector so I could detect the fault present (like overcorrect) with my PLC? I know...
Replies
Views
Hey fellas - Just wondering if any of you have any familiarity with the Siemens Midimaster line of drives. I have one that died, and to be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm setting up a modbus master on an S7-300. It seems to work in OB1 but not when I use it in OB35. Does anyone have any ideas why? Could...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom