Siemens OP277 HMI

thomas1000

Hi,

I have a scenario where a customer has one spare OP277 to backup two applications, both applications using OP277's.

Is it possible to download each project file onto a separate SD Flash card and boot the desired application from the SD Card on to the OP277.

It does not have to a permanent solution but something to get get the customer out of trouble until I have an opportunity to attend site to change the screen.

Will this work?

If I change the settings in the Transfer Settings of the Control Panel under the directories tab from:

Project File

\Flash\Simatic\

Project Backup

\Storage Card MMC\Simatic\

Autostart application:

Path:

\Flash\Simatic\HmiRTm.exe

to

Project File

Project Backup

Autostart application:

Path:

\Storage Card MMC\Simatic\HmiRTm.exe

Would like to know if someone else has tried this.

Thanks

There is a problem in that the runtime file is called something with ".fwd". The HmiRtm.exe file is probably the runtime environment itself.
So how does the runtime environment know which runtime project to load ?
I think that this is cardcoded into the runtime environment, and probably points to \Flash\Simatic\???.fwd.

I recommend that you simply use the backup/restore function with two flashcards. It does not take very long to restore an image from a flashcard.

Thanks Jesper for finding time again to reply to my problem.

I did try that Jesper but I must have made a mistake because application 1 was still on the HMI after rebooting with application 2.

If you have had experience of doing this successfully and are certain that it will work let me know. I will give it another try.

The panel does not "boot" from the flash card.
You have to perform a restore on the panel.
When you boot up the panel, there will for a short time be a menu with one of the selections being the Control Panel. When you select the Control Panel, you will see a number of icons, one of them being the Backup/Restore aplet. Use this to both create the image flashcard, and also to restore the correct image to the other panel.

Last edited:
Jesper,

I am sorry about my terminology, I have already done as you have suggested using backup and restore in the control panel and saving the CE Image for each project, the application did not change when I restored another project from the SD Card.

I will try again when I have an opportunity.

If anyone else has managed to this I would love to know.

It sounds like you have terminated the restore procedure at the wrong time. As far as I remember, at one point there is a system message that the panel has to reboot, and you should leave the card in the panel. Then when it is competely finished there is another message that you can now remove the card.

Point is, the backup/restore function is meant to make it possible to replace a defective panel with a similar panel. So it MUST work.

Jesper I think you have hit the nail on the head. I dont remember seeing a message to say remove card. I must have taken it out too soon.

I will try again as soon as I can.

I will let you know how I get on in the next few weeks.

Thanks again Jesper.

attachment

Dear all.
I have use HMI Siemen Op277 6". but HMI can not boot and have same picture. I want use MAC adress for OS update HMI , but I can not enter MAC address.
Please help me!