Siemens Panel and Compact Flash Card??

RPax

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help. I have a Siemens TP270 10" Panel where I want to setup a couple of trending charts.

When setting up this, the Data Log storage Path points to a storage card. Am I correct in assuming that I require a Compact flash card?. If so, will any compact flash card do?

I know when setting up Panelviews that AB require you to buy their card type and only recommend a certain amount of memory. Are Siemens the same or can I just buy the latest Compact Flash from a shop? Thanks for the help

Lads, thanks for your replies. When you say "industrial rated card" will this be on the CF package or will it reference a certain standard?.

Are industrial rated card sold in standard PC shops or will I need to buy via an automated supplier?. Again thanks for the help

Lads, thanks for your replies. When you say "industrial rated card" will this be on the CF package or will it reference a certain standard?.

Are industrial rated card sold in standard PC shops or will I need to buy via an automated supplier?. Again thanks for the help

Usually everything you found in a PC shop is not industrial rated.!!! Mostly China rated...
Look for industrial supply

There is a big difference in between, the normal is made to work at the lowest cost and the second is made to stay working at any price.....

I use to trend with this old model of HMI and it worked just fine if you watch your data size to fit on the card.
You can see the size of logged tag on properties...
I think if you overload the card, the HMI will get an error

This model was a very good one for options/price...Actually we are stuck with panel pc or too much expensive TP ....