Siemens Programming

Hi there wanderer,

I used to program SIemens S5 for several years and swicthed a few year ago to S7. Programming S7 (mind S7-300/400) shouldn't be so difficult with your programming background. What ASi concerns, I have
quite a lot experience with ASi and I can asure you it aint difficult at all. It's even simple.
A small tip, if your PLC is not near your installation go for profibus to connect your ASi master to your PLC( kind of distributed I/O). The max lenght of an ASi network is 300m taking in account that you use 2 amplifires.
Any questions will be answered any time.

Good luck

Just met the "Wanderer",

Just works around the corner from me,

What a small world wide web we live in,,,,,,,,

Best of luck with the Project talk again soon,,,,,,,,,

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The ASi will be the easyest part of your task.
Unfortunately most of my projects have to do by Simatic. In my mind Simatic is 20 years behind AB and every small tasks are as 'projects' for insufficient documentation, something missing almost everywhere. Direct tech-support cost around 3€/$ per minute here.

Sometimes I can select PLC myself, when customer don't care... and that save my days..

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Got some very helpful "local" support-- about 500 yards down the road! Cheers Mylo (y)

Got software on the way-- cheers PLucas! (y)

Got some great help from the rest of you (y)

Have to say, this site is great :site: