Siemens S5 print to pdf

I use pdf955 driver (free version available), which installs itself as a printer. This means, if you can print your program on normal printer, you can print it to pdf.

silva.foxx

I can't say that I have had much success printing S5 programs to a printer and I have never tried to print straight to a PDF using the program mentioned above. The way I tend to do it is to 'print' to a file within Step5, then open that text document up using word, edit it to fit nice an neatly on A4 size pages, then either save it as a word file or print that to a PDF.

Mchl,

If you have printed an S5 program straight from step5 to a PDF perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us how you managed it.

Paul

I used to do this years ago by re-directing the LPT port to a network printer but I think that was an old Novell netware trick.

Your best bet under Windows is, as previosly mentioned, print to file, open the file and edit where needed then print to one of the many free PDF generators that install as a printer. PDF995 is one of the better ones.

Nick

S5 to pdf

Have a look on the Siemens automation web site for "S5Print.exe"

This is a little program that allows you to print S5 programs in the Windows enviroment, using any windows installed printer.
Install one of the free pdf redirectors and select this as a "printer" in widows.

moggie said:
Have a look on the Siemens automation web site for "S5Print.exe"

This is a little program that allows you to print S5 programs in the Windows enviroment, using any windows installed printer.
Install one of the free pdf redirectors and select this as a "printer" in widows.

DAGNABBIT, the only thing I knew how to do with S5 and someone beat me to it. You have to have 7.15 or 7.2 and higher for this service pack.

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll?query=S5print.exe&func=cslib.cssearch&content=skm%2Fmain.asp&lang=en&siteid=cseus&objaction=cssearch&searchinprim=0&nodeid0=10805346&x=37&y=7http://support.automation.siemens.c...&nodeid=9831328&query=S5print&page=4&view=new

PLucas said:
Mchl,

If you have printed an S5 program straight from step5 to a PDF perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us how you managed it.

Paul

I should have written it in my first post :) I've never tried to print from step5 (never ever used it in the first place). I thought it was possible, and only thing silva.foxx needed was a tool to print into pdf. My bad.