Siemens s7-200 usb/ppi

manowar

Hello.
I have recently work with serial rs232/ppi cable. I have conected s7-200 with Citect scada without any problems. I have just select RS232 port (COM1) and then set the citect driver to talk through selected COM port.
Now I have USB/PPI Multi-Master cable and I can connect to s7-200 only from MicroWin programming tool.
I don't know how to conect to S7-200 from Citect. Usually if I connect som USB device it would generate some COM PORT (COM6 for example) but with this cable, no souch device exists in device manager/ports (COM/LPT).
Please help...

As far as I know you can't connect from Citect to S7-200 with the USB-PPI converter. The reason is that this interface is a 'real' USB device and not a COM implementation as most USB-RS232 converters are. So far Citect hasn't provided a driver for this converter. If you search this forum, you'll see that this issue has come up a few times already and so far no solution has been found.

Kind regards,