Siemens s7-300 hardware config question

matt_sd

Hello, I am very familiar with Siemens programming but never have done any network configuration.

We have a CPU 317-2 PN/DP PLC with profibus ET 200M remote I/O modules.

There is a spare slot on this ET 200M module and we are going to plug in a digital output card.

I have access to the Step 7, V5.4 and with the existing code can see the existing modules and Q output addresses assigned.

When this card is plugged into the ET 200M, how easy is it add the card in the hardware config?

Is the card Q addresses auto assigned when I do upload on the hardware config page or do I need some other Siemens hardware configuration software to do this?

Thanks

You open the hardware library (usually to the right), find the card and then drag it into the slot.

It will be addressed automatiocally but you can change the address if you want.

Thanks guys, sounds quite simple - really appreciate it.

I didn't want to get to the site and realise that if was going to take twice as long than I had estimated or I would need some extra software :)