Siemens S7-40 of 400 H series help

jainil2210

Hello,

I have understanding of AB PLC but I am new to Siemens PLC.

In one of the project, I have to go for Siemens SIL-3 hardware that too with fail safe I/O.

My question is, For digital Input module, do I need to wire single input to two channels?
e.g. for emergency stop with 2 NC contact, to wire in 24 ch fail safe DI module, is it necessary to wire 1 NC contact to ch:0 and other contact to ch: 11 ?

Please help me to get basic underandings for SIl-3 siemens configurations.

Hi,

I don't think this is very easy to explain. I would suggest talking to a Siemens rep who could help you choosing the right hardware.

The 400H is in itself not fail safe. The H designates it is High Availability (fault tolerant), you should look at 400HF or 400F. Or even 300F, since the 400 systems are very expensive.

And yes, you should have redundant channels. But to achieve SIL-3 there are more prerequisites..

Here more information:
https://support.automation.siemens....lib.csFetch&nodeid=6359901&forcedownload=true