Siemens S7-400, Exporting online DB values to Excel

Gimbel

Hello All,

I'm currently working on a project in which I am logging a lot of test data to internal DB's in the PLC. All data are logged via a OB35 cyclic interrupt, set to execute every 27ms.

I would like to have the online data from the DB's exported to either a .csv or .xls file for statistical and graphical purposes.

Does anyone know of a smarter/wiser way to do so than to follow the cumbersome way of copy / paste from either online views or loooong variable tables.

I have been looking at the program S7XP from 3b's software, but haven't had the chance to try it out. By the way, does anyone know whether it is still possible to buy this program?

The HMI interface to the PLC/Machine is handled by a Siemens touchpanel MP277, but the data logging features of this panel appears to be way to slow. Maybe it can be used for reading data via a script and afterwards exporting to a memory stick, but i'm not so experienced in VB-scripting.

Regards,

Gimbel

Hi Manmeet,

Thanks for your reply,

I tried to download the examples and to put them into my application and it works okay.....

but - since I do my logging of data in the PLC and not in the HMI panel (because data acqusition times are too slow) I will have to create upto 1000 tags in my application (one for each value I log) unless it is possible to access data directly in the PLC via scripting.

Do you - or anybody else know if that would be possible.

All replies will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Gimbel

Hej Jesper,

I have asked on S7XP's website last week, but now also sent a PM for the member s7xp.com

I'm using WinCC Flexible 2007 with the HMI panels and thus ARRAY tags may be a solution.

A third solution that was introduced to me was to collect the data directly in the PLC via an OPC server and a VBA script directly from within Excel.

Any comment on that?

Regards,

Gimbel

Hej Gimbel

If you know anything about doing VB coding in Excel, you can use LibNoDave, which make it possible to access the PLC via the MPI interface.

Hej Christian,

I haven't done coding in VBA for a long time, but I tried to download and open the module. Do you have any experience with this kind of access? It appears that you can also state an IP address which would be great for me as I connect to the CPU via TCP/IP.

Do you know whether it will be possible to connect via Ethernet too?

Gimbel

Hej Gimbel

I do beleave that you can connect via Ethernet, but I havent tryed.

However I have an Excel sheet where I have collected data during test of a machine, where I used version 0.8.1 of libnodave.

I will attach the Excel sheet

Hi Christian,
I have downloaded your 2401 cycle time test excel spreadsheet as well as the latest libnodave-0.8.4.4.
When I click on any of the buttons in the spreadsheet I get the message

Runtime error '53'
File not found: libnodave.dll

Where is libnodave.dll supposed to live in windows xp so that excel will find it?

Thank you in advance
Hennie

Hi Hennie,

At the time when I used the LIBNODAVE i copied the .dll to the following library

C:\WINDOWS\system

Hope it helps

regards

Gimbel

There is a procedure for coping a DB to Exsel/csv file. It is not easy but I will try to explain.
First in Simatic manager you have to copy online DB to offline program.
After that you have to open DB with FBD/LAD editor(not with DB Param).
Change view to Data veiw
Select your data and copy.
Open Excel and paste.
If your data is large remove L# with find and replace
if its a real you may have a problem if your Decimal symbol is comma.

Regards Mitko

examples in c#

Hello,
I'm trying to create a simple application in C# which will connect to s7 via TCP/IP and download the data.

I found libnodave library but I cannot add it to my project.
Could anyone help me with and send the simple cod with establised connection using libnodave ?

Thanks
Emil

E-mail: [email protected]