Siemens S7200 and Modbus RTU

micky

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a CPU226 talking via modbus serially then converted to ethernet and being displayed in wonderware. My question is how do read/write bits say like M0.1? I can read the I's and Q's find but I dont understand how to link the modbus address with internal bits in the CPU226.

Without more info there's no way we can help you out. How do you communicate over modbus with the S7-226? There isn't a native modbus driver for the S7-226, you must have found it here or there or you must have written it yourself, based on info found out somewhere. It all depends on how the translation of S7-22X addresses to modbus addresses is done.

Kind regards,

I think you can read V-memory only, not M.
That's correct. But since there is much more V-memory than M-memory, it should be fairly easy to copy the M-memory to V-memory in order to make it possible to read out the M-memory.

Kind regards,

That's correct. But since there is much more V-memory than M-memory, it should be fairly easy to copy the M-memory to V-memory in order to make it possible to read out the M-memory.
i have used s7-200 224x cpu as RTU i have update all data to scada that is in single integer but now i have to show data of double integer using counter library vd to scada just want confirmation will double integer update on scada or not