Siemens s7200 + SEW motor

DinoPastorcic

Hello everyone,

I am quite new both in this forum and in the PLC area.
I am happy I found this great forum and hope one day I can help with my knowledge, for now, Ill just try ro learn as much as I can from you guys :) .

Well, here is my problem:

the system is composed from an infeed conveyer, weighing system and an outfeed conveyer (see attachment).
The PLC must ensure that there is only one piece of good being on the weighing system simultaneously, therefore ensuring the correct weighing of the goods.

The presence of good will be controlled by photoelectric sensors EMRON (E3JK relay output).
The PLC must control an SEW motor of the infeed conveyer to ensure the correct flow of good and receive input from the EMRON sensors.

The PLCs I am thinking are the Siemens LOGO!
or Siemens s7200 with CPU221.

I will be grateful for every answer, and hope to contribute to the forum in the future!
Thank you all!

Dino

if there if very little control with few input logo is OK, but if you opt for 200 i would reconsider using 1200 instead. 1200 is the successor of 200 plus it natively support profinet/ethernet.

EDIT:
when you detect presence on the weighing stop infeed, weight, start it, and when presence is on outfeed detected start infeed. repeat.

Last edited:
i don't know how deeper you would like to go, but you could take a look on literature that is in top line of this page (Learn PLC, and there is also a PLC simulator). also there are pages theplcguy.com and mrplcguy.com đź“š