Siemens S7200 and Text Display Problem

inst_tech

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help... I've been asked to make minor mods to an S7200 and text display (TD200) but my client has lost all backups of the program.

I've uploaded the program from the CPU to Microwin but obviously have no symbols or comments. I can see a data block has been created for the text display and would like to view this in a "user friendly" way but cant see how to do this.

Is there any way of loading the datablock into the text display configurator?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I've never tried on a file that was uploaded that i didn't have the original code for, but have you looked under the 'Wizards' tool? (see screen shot below)...

It gives you the facility to step through screens/messages etc that have already been created.

Hope this helps.

Rob

2010-02-14_131350.jpg

Thanks for reply. yes I've tried the wizard but it only seems able to create a datablock. You cant load a datablock in to it (unless I'm missing something!)

(unless I'm missing something!)
Maybe.

I've opened up an existing application and (using the same wizard to create new screens) can easily edit and view the current screen environment...

If there is nothing of a sensitive corporate nature, then i'm happy to look at the app file and see what i can see.

Regards,

Rob

MWIN1.jpg MWIN2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Slowly narrowing down the problem! I dont seem to have those screens that you posted. If you dont mind having a look that would be great. Attached is the program.

cheers

there is no info for a screen.
When you upload have all the check boxes ticked system info,program & data info. If that don't work you'll need the original or just program the screen again.

Hi rigicon,

The datablock is the screen info as far as I'm aware. This is created automatically by the text display wizard.

cheers

That's right the datablock is however locked. You can only program the screen through the text display wizard.
I have an old s7216 on my desk and will try to program a screen and then retrieve it back again. Have you searched the forums as someone must of had the same problem also try the siemens web site.

hi,

I'll give the siemens forum a go, failing that will contact tech support. I have a horrible feeling that I'm not going to get good news!!!

thanks for your help.