Siemens scada devlopment software

Rahul3005

I have somatic WinCC Run-time Advanced license v16.
What software will I require to develop the SCADA project ?

I have TIA Portal installed on my laptop ,with step 7 basic software , which I use to program the PLC.

Apart from that , which license will be required to develop the SCADA application.

While configuring the RT advanvced in TIA Portal , I am getting error mentioned below.

Any help is appreciated.

IMG_20210118_112727.jpg

You will need the WinCC Advanced engineering license, the product id is 6AV2100-0AA06-0AH5. WinCC Professional engineering license should also work.
The runtime license you currently have will be used to run the application. It should be transferred with the License manager to the computer you will actually use to run the finished application.

Since you have WinCC Advanced on the PC, at some time you must have had the installation media and maybe also the license stick.
You should check with the Automation Licence Manager (ALM) if you already have a license on the PC. It may have become corrupted for some reason. If that is the case you can restore it with help from Siemens Support.

Hey Members , thanks for the help.

I figured it out , I will be requiring WinnCC Advanced License .

I still have one more doubt , win CC advanvced Runtime license is of version 16 , and the development software (WinCC advanvced) is of version 15.

Will the application created in lower version (v15) , will run for a runtime of that higher version (v16) ?

Hey Members , thanks for the help.

I figured it out , I will be requiring WinnCC Advanced License .

I still have one more doubt , win CC advanvced Runtime license is of version 16 , and the development software (WinCC advanvced) is of version 15.

Will the application created in lower version (v15) , will run for a runtime of that higher version (v16) ?

I think your V16 runtime license will activate the V15 runtime, but what you install needs to match what is configured. If you configure V15 in the project, you need to have V15 RT installed, even if you have a V16 license.