CitectSCADA/InTouch to Siemens S7/Schneider PLC Using Tag Based Addressing

Jasmine.Song

Greeting,

I am doing some investigations on which driver(s) support tag based addressing (eg. Pump001_Running) rather than DB or Modbus based addressing (eg. DB150,8 or 40010) between CitectSCADA/InTouch and Siemens S7 300 or 400 PLC/Schneider M340 PLC. Our system will upgrade to this kind of addressing so that PLC, SCADA and Historian can use same tag name for all.

Could any guru tell me what driver can used between following combination of SCADA/PLC that support tag based addressing, please?

CitectSCADA to S7 300/400?
CitectSCADA to Schneider M340?
InTouch to S7 300/400?
InTouch to Schneider M340?

Appreciate for your help!!!
Jas

If you contact Schneider I am sure they will tell you what Citect can do. It will give you tag based with Schneider for almost dead certain. I believe there is a new Siemens driver but do not know if it is tagged based. I do not bother with tag based addressing as I do all my PLC programming by I/O numbers anyway - much quicker and easier. Came up with DOS software - use keyboard shortcuts - also way quicker than tags and drag and drop stuff. Makes me money!

CitectSCADA and M340 both support tag-based addressing. Also setting up comms between Citect and M340 should be pretty simple as they're both Schneider products.

The S7 300/400 does not support tag based addressing.
But you can use OPC with the Simatic.Net OPC server, which has to be configured in the plc project (Step7 project). Then the OPC server contains the address/tag tables of the plc, and you can get access via tagnames (absolute addressing also possible).

Real tag based access is only possible with a S7-1200/1500.