SIEMENS SIMATIC S7 R system

naishadgosai

Hello all,

I want a manual on SIMATIC S7 R (software redundency) system.
it will be more helpful if it contains comaprison between R & H (Hot redudndent) systems.

Hello naishadgosai;

Software redundancy manual (SWR_e.pdf) can be found here:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1137637

This can be setup on S7-300 and lower-end S7-400 PLCs, using MPI or Profibus channels to link the redundant processors. I/Os are accessed through a redundant Profibus-link, different from the one linking the PLCs (if this is the implementation chosen). Switch-over time is limited by the bus used, and the power/memory of the PLCs selected.

Hardware redundancy in Siemens world is called Fault-tolerant systems. Only the S7-417H and the S7-414-H can be used for this, they require a split central rack, redundant power supplies and special fiber-optic connections to link the redundant PLCs; communications with I/Os is over redundant Profibus-DP (using a Y-Linkl and ET-200M). Switch-over is extremely fast, and memory integrity is ensured by copyig the primary's memory to the stand-by at every cycle.
Here is a link to the basic manual for Fault-tolerant systems from Siemens:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1186523

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier