Siemens Step7 & VIPA PLC

junior

Happy Holidays!
I have Siemens Simatic Step 7 v5.5 and I'm wondering if you can use it to program a VIPA PLC? or do you have to use the WinPLC7 softwware?

Searching around the internet, it seems like the two software packages are interchangeable, but I haven't been able to get a definite answer.

TIA
Jr.

Happy Holidays!
I have Siemens Simatic Step 7 v5.5 and I'm wondering if you can use it to program a VIPA PLC? or do you have to use the WinPLC7 softwware?

Searching around the internet, it seems like the two software packages are interchangeable, but I haven't been able to get a definite answer.

TIA
Jr.

You can use the STEP 7 for programming of Vipa.

Just be aware that some models can not be programmed with STEP 7, and that you choose the right Siemens CPU for the VIPA CPU in the Step 7 hardware configuration.

STEP 7 is perfect to program VIPA PLCs. The hardware configuration of the VIPA CPU takes place at the Siemens hardware configurator. Each PLC manual (www.vipausa.com) from the download area, shows you the associated Siemens PLC to choose in the deployment section, generally chapter 4.