Siemens TIA PiD compact block help

Using siemens block to control pressure level. The PV is pressure in Bar and the output is vsd fan speed in %. What I require is when the PV is high the fan speed to increase to bring down the pressure. However it's doing the opposite eg increase in pressure = decrease in fan speed. Easy way to solve this is to set a negative gain but the block does not accept that
Help!!!

Easiest way to change this is to invert the gain.

If you change the settings in the block itself, make sure you are actually downloading them. It can be a little bit fidgety...

You can use an external tag, not the commissioning wizard, to set the gain to negative.

Similar Topics

Hi, Have problem with getting PID to work. Have been using 4x different programmers on siemens, not one could make PID to work as I want. Problem...
Replies
Views
Urgent, Commissioning deadline. I am using CONT_C in a function block. I call the FB in a Cyclic Program (OB32). when the PID is in manual I...
Replies
Views
I have set up some "PID_Temp" loops in a 1517F3 processor and they seem to work ok. For pressure and flow rate I've used "PID_Compact". The issue...
Replies
Views
I am wondering if its a good idea to cascade pid loops. For example If I want to control two variables Current and Voltage. If i can feed output...
Replies
Views
I am currently am in a PLC class and need urgent help on how the ladder logic would be laid out. I understand how to get the traffic lights to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom