Silo Somulator LogixPro : Discontinuity

biozu

I need HELP !!!
I have homework of PLC using logixpro with Silo Simulator as the task.

I have made it but it didn't go well. Can somebody help me?
i attach the ladder.

i want the silo :
1. after it is filled ("full light" is on), the box leaves with "run" and "full" light are on.
2. when the box is being filled, it can be stopped when I push the stop button.

SiloSimulatorLadderRungs.jpg

I have made it but it didn't go well. Can somebody help me?
Yes, I think I can still handle that. You need to change your first 2 rungs to be something like the attached picture. Get rid of these unneeded and unused rung branches in your Rungs 000 and 001. Also remove the Start and Stop Pushbuttons from your rungs 001, 002, 003, and 004. Instead use a contact from your RUN mode output to enable those rungs when the system is in RUN mode.

There are some additional improvements that can be made on your Rungs 003 and 004. For Rung 003, when is the box filling? (Only when the O:2/3 Box Filling Solenoid is ON, correct?) Why not use a XIC contact ---||--- from O:2/3?

On Rung 004, you need to seal in O:2/4 Full Indicator in the short time between I:1/4 going ON, and I:1/3 going OFF. This is the 1 or 2 seconds between "Box Full" and when the box goes out of the picture (I:1/3 no longer sees the box). How could you use a XIC for O:2/4 in parallel with I:1/4?

LogixPro Silo Exercise 2 Modified.jpg

Last edited:
Biozu, congratulations on solving your PLC logic program. It is much more satisfying when you put in a lot of effort, then finally find the solution. Hard-earned knowledge lasts longer than easy-come easy-go knowledge.

In hindsight, it would have been much easier if you had labeled your PLC Inputs I:1/3 and I:1/4 correctly, instead of reversed!